Sunday, December 4, 2016

Light the world

What another quick week and here we are again in the ciber writing another email. Missionary life is just a weekly cycle with small 6-week breaks and changes. It's so simple but such an amazing experience. I seriously love every second of it. The bad. The good. The kinda bad. The kinda good. All experiences and afflictions help us become better people and better missionaries in my case!! Learn from mistakes and keep repenting!! CHANGE IS NECESSARY!

There is a scripture I read today in the morning and I love it: "For, behold, I have refined thee, I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction" (1 Nephi 20:10). We become refined through our experiences and then our decisions to change or keep being the same. Become better and learning shapes us to be more like our Heavenly Father. It's difficult to take the struggles and hard times as a time to learn. But that's where our faith and hope comes in. Knowing that whatever comes and happens everything will be okay.

Here in the offices life is amazing and I am so grateful for the chance I have to get to know my mission president a little more each day. He's an amazing leader and loves this work. Today we went to Walmart to get some food and then relax since this past week was SUPER busy. Feels good to relax on a P-day. The church started a new initiative for December: LIGHT THE WORLD! (Ilumina el Mundo) I really enjoyed the video and sharing it with members and non members here. It's an amazing way to contact people in the street. Share the video with all your loved ones and watch the daily videos starting December first!!! Also don't forget to do some service that day too. We have planned to make some food and go hand it out at one of the local hospitals as a ward! Do some good and LIGHT THE WORLD!! I love you all and miss you dearly!!

Elder Babcock

No comments:

Post a Comment