Monday, March 13, 2017

Advice from stake conference

What a great first week [with my new companion]! My "child" is well and we are having lots of success! My comp is amazing and we have been working hard together. The first lesson we had together he didn't really know what to say so we have worked TONS with simulations and Preach My Gospel and now he runs the first lesson and third really well! I'm so proud to call him my "son" (; Our investigator went to our stake conference which we had along with president interviews. An Area Seventy came and gave some amazing talks. My favorite was about callings and how we must know our "sheep" not just their name or where they work. But their wife and kids' names, ages, hobbies as a family, a basically everything. I took this to heart and have started to talk more with the missionaries in my district about their families and friends and hobbies and we have seen a huge boost in ANIMO! We are all having a great time! I love and miss you all and would love to encourage all of you to take the time to get to know all the members you visit or should visit with the many callings there are in the church. I'm sure there is someone there who needs a friends and getting to know them is the first step!! I touched a monkey this week and gave him gum. I've asked my mom to include the picture below. Enjoy your week! T-Minus 4 months...

Love,

Elder Babcock


No comments:

Post a Comment