Thursday, September 15, 2016

Reality of the mission

Another fast week. If only it could slow down just for a week or so. Gotta be honest we did a lot today and I'm burned out. Don't get mad 'cause the letter is gonna be short. This week we were spending all the office time preparing for changes and getting ready for the old missionaries to leave. It's really weird to watch new and old missionaries come and go. The champions are always so sad to leave. I completely understand why. The mission is a wonderful place to be during the ages of 18-26. Here in the mission you get to meet many members, and almost all of them talk about the missionaries that used to be in the ward, or about when they were missionaries. And for some reason we always talk about how you shouldn't go without the right reasons. You shouldn't go obligated or for any type of reward.

This past Sunday my companion and myself gave talks about missionary work and how it's blessed our lives. Verdaderamente amo trabajando en la viña del Señor. We also were so blessed to speak to the primary (who consists of only ten or so kids here) about what it's like to be a missionary. What's hard for us and what's easy. Most the kids asked if we missed our family, our pets, our friends, jobs, school, everything pretty much. And the answer to be honest is always yes. When I first left my house, the 22nd of July 2015, I knew I wanted to be a missionary. I had heard hundreds of stories from my own family, friends, members of my ward. I remember going to mutual activities where we had "missionary moments" in which a member would explain about his mission. It always made me super excited for the time to be a missionary myself.

When I first showed up I'll be honest it was difficult. Harder than anything I had ever done before. You don't speak the language, you don't know the lessons, you get sick from the food, you don't understand the money and what's cheap and what's expensive, you don't get along with your comp, etc, etc, etc. Lots and lots of new things to get used to. Almost every missionary can say at one moment or another they wanted to go back home. But I can seriously say it has been the most amazing decision I have ever made. I have truly come to love what I'm doing and love the sacrifices. I enjoy talking with random people about the gospel. Sharing how it's blessed my life even my family! I have loved loved loved all the studies we do as missionaries. I love to read the scriptures especially the Book of Mormon. I know it's true! It's the keystone to our religion and the way that people can find out for themselves that this IS the true church of Jesus Christ.

I love serving my Savior and I enjoy day by day becoming a better person. Precept by precept, line by line. I know this is the true church. I know you CANNOT find true in any other church. I know it. This is the only place which with authority can seal families forever. For all eternity. It's only possible in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I love this church and I love each and every one of you!

Have a great week!! Enjoy the pictures of Naolinco and some other fun activities we did this week!!

Elder Babcock





No comments:

Post a Comment