Friday, September 30, 2016

The reward of the same is greater in the kingdom of heaven

Well another week here in Xalapa has passed and it continues to rain and be perfect weather. I love Xalapa so much! Hopefully I can stay here until February or so but who knows! This past week was awesome as we have been finding lots of FAMILIES to teach. I love teaching families and helping them to be more united through living the gospel of Jesus Christ.

We had a sad moment yesterday as we received a text in the night that one of the ward missionaries passed away. He was such an amazing guy and always willing to give up his time to help us and visit with us. He passed away in his house. He only lives with his wife and she was far away when it happened. This morning we went to the church to see the family and spend some time with them. Going there I felt sad 'cause today is P-day! We should be buying stuff and not "wasting" time with members. But i couldn't have been more wrong. It was a beautiful service and I didn't want to leave to be honest. I love these people so much, and being with them in this hard time was a perfect way to spend my Monday!

I love love love some scriptures that elder Ix read at the service. it goes like this:
 2 For verily I say unto you, blessed is he that keepeth my commandments, whether in life or in death; and he that is faithful in tribulation, the reward of the same is greater in the kingdom of heaven.

 3 Ye cannot behold with your natural eyes, for the present time, the design of your God concerning those things which shall come hereafter, and the glory which shall follow after much tribulation.

 4 For after much tribulation come the blessings. Wherefore the day cometh that ye shall be crowned with much glory; the hour is not yet, but is nigh at hand.

 5 Remember this, which I tell you before, that you maylay it to heart, and receive that which is to follow.

 6 Behold, verily I say unto you, for this cause I have sent you—that you might be obedient, and that your hearts might be prepared to bear testimony of the things which are to come;

 7 And also that you might be honored in laying the foundation, and in bearing record of the land upon which the Zion of God shall stand;

I love you all so much! Hope you have a safe week and enjoy conference this coming weekend!

Love,

Elder Babcock



No comments:

Post a Comment