Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Happy Pioneer Day

HAPPY PIONEER DAY! This week I completed one year in the mission! This was an amazing week!! So much happened in so little time. Tuesday morning at 6:30 I was in the ADO bus station in Teziutlan and then two hours later I was in my new house with my new companions and already getting used to the life here in the offices. We normally spend the mornings in the offices. I seriously feel like we are in an LDS version of the show The Office as seriously every day is a blast.

In the offices we are five to seven people. Elder Grundvig (who is training me), Elder Ix (who will be my companion for the next little while) The Valeros (a missionary couple who love to buy us food), and sometimes President Greer and his wife (who rarely come as they go do visits with other missionaries during the mornings), and well myself. I can honestly say I really love being in this area and I thought I would miss a ton my old area but I'm already at home here! The members here are freaking amazing. The ward reminds me of my home ward in Utah, except that everyone speaks Spanish.

We have gone to visit with this awesome family who every girl in the family is named Bianca and every boy is named Willy. There's 5 girls and 3 boys. Wut? I'm always so lost taking with all of them. But they all are so different and it's always a blast spending time with their family. Another crazy thing that happened is there was a baptism for  a little girl in the ward. Naturally the dad invited all his family. We show up and guess who was there?? One of the hermanas and her family from San Juan!! Got to say my goodbye right there in my new area! hahaha The world keeps getting smaller and smaller.

There's so many cool things you can do here in Xalapa and I'm excited to be here for a little while. I hope everything is well back in the states. Here the weather is always good with rain in the afternoons and I've heard it'll never change. I love you all and miss you tons!! There's a hymn we sang the other day and I really love the lyrics. It's number 281. I love the last verse it says, "Help me find thy lambs who wander, help me bring them to thy keep. Teach me lord to be a shepherd, Father help me feed thy sheep."

Love,

Elder Babcock

Happy Pioneer Day



Out with the old, in with the new

No comments:

Post a Comment