Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Amazing experiences in Xalapa

What a week! Had some amazing experiences that I will never forget. It was really slow in the middle of the week. We spend most day in the offices. BUT on Saturday we had a baptism as well as a ward activity. We had invited tons of investigators but weren't sure who would show up. The baptism we had was a young man by the name of Samuel. Yes that's right Samuel. (he's pretty cool) Anyway well one day they said hey Samuel isn't baptized you guys should teach him! And literally three weeks later we had the service! He's an awesome dude and he loves Harry Potter. Well the day came and we showed up to the baptism to find out that four investigators were there waiting! And then when we went to the activity after another two showed up!

It was such an amazing experience to have members talking and getting to know the people we are teaching. A couple we are teaching went out and started to dance and even played volleyball with us! Then on Sunday we went to church and hermana Guadalupe, our recent convert, was asked to share her testimony and experience getting to know the church. In short she's awesome and she cried a lot. She said that she has received her answer to the question if this is the true church and if Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. She's sooo poderosa. We got talking with her afterwards and she said I hate that we can't hug you guys cause you have changed our lives.

I'll tell you what, I'm so happy to be here. Knowing I'm changing lives makes me wanna stay even longer. Who knows maybe I'll prolong my mission until the 22nd of August (; (my mom's gonna kill me for even suggesting that hahaha) I love this place and I love the people. I would recommend anyone to come serve a mission. It's life changing and what really is two years? It's nothing and it'll not only change your life but others as well.

To end we went to this place called Xico today for our P-day activity. SUPER huge waterfalls and lots of people who wanted me to buy their knick-knacks and patty-whacks. You'll probably see my UTAH flag picture #goutes don't have to be in Utah to represent hahaha love you guys tons and miss you guys more! have a great week!!!

Elder Babcock







No comments:

Post a Comment