Friday, January 13, 2017

Final weeks in the office

Soooo this past week has been very crazy. Recently we haven't been able to be out past 7 p.m. because of lots of riots and marches against gasoline prices. It's been tough to lose even more time to work but we have found lots of success in the short time we have. Some really amazing people are looking at a baptismal date for the 22nd, the Sunday before I leave the offices!! And the 21st they will go to the temple in Veracruz. They won't be able to enter but they want to buy stuff and see the temple. This family is super awesome and they cook amazing food! Gorditas, picadas, mole, tamales and pozole! I love teaching families and helping them realize that families can be together forever. I'm eternally grateful for my family and the knowledge that I can be with them forever. So when others learn this to be true it invites a very special spirit to the mission lessons.

The days are counting down until I have to leave the office and I'm really sad. It's been an amazing time in the mission and the 6 months have seriously passed soooo fast. You come to love your ward and investigators when you stay a long time and that makes it sad when you have to leave. Elder Brewer and Elder Silverio are going to have a great couple changes with all the people we have found and even though I'd love to be the one to baptize them I know I have done my part and I'm more than happy for the time I was given here with each and every one of the members and non members. We were able to go to a baptism on Saturday of the assistants of the mission and one of our investigators went. He loved it and is now working towards a baptismal date as well! So much going on and such little time. Being busy is seriously the greatest blessing!

Anyway I love you all so much! Thanks for all your support and love! There are lots of missionaries who not all the family is member and often where not all the family is happy that they left for the mission. I feel extremely blessed to have family, friends, neighbors and members of the ward who support me in the mission. Have a great week and keep being awesome!!!

Love,

Elder Babcock




No comments:

Post a Comment