Monday, March 28, 2016

A testimony of the Book of Mormon

This week was amazing! It's the fair in Espinal and it's been raining every day. But sadly it's never cold. We decided to go to Papantla today and I got to see the "Flyers", the indigenous people who like hang by their feet and spin down a huge pole. I could never do it hahaha.

This week my companion and I spent lots of time working with two inactive families. We also got to help with the confirmation of [a recent convert]. She's so excited and reading the Book of Mormon daily. Every couple days she calls us just sooo happy about what she read and saying where has this book been my whole life? It's a super cool experience to watch someone be converted or start their conversion. It's really the thing that people need to be converted to the gospel. Or the thing that can help jump start their own testimony of the church. If they believe the Book of Mormon is the word of God, then Joseph Smith really translated that book and was a prophet. And if he was prophet and restored the gospel then our church is the correct church containing the fullness of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I love love love the Book of Mormon and the power it has.

I love this work and I'm not just here to help other people but I'm becoming more converted myself every day. I would encourage all of you to download Preach My Gospel on your phones (or if you have book already) and read chapter 6. This chapter doesn't really talk about investigators or the ways to teach better. Instead it talks all about the attributes of Christ. What better time to better ourselves and become more Christ-like then right after Easter. I love this chapter of Preach My Gospel and I know that these traits of Christ are things that we can improve every day.

I love you all!!

Elder Babcock




No comments:

Post a Comment